ORLANDO (UCFKnights.com) – Following four straight games at the friendly confines of Spectrum Stadium, the UCF football team will head on the road for the first time since Aug. 30 this weekend. The No. 9/10 Knights will play at Memphis Saturday with a 3:30 p.m. kickoff on ABC and FM 96.9/AM 740 The Game.
Date: Saturday, Oct. 13
Time: 3:30 p.m.
Radio: FM 96.9/AM 740 The Game
Live Stats: https://gotigersgo.com/
ECU GAME – TIME/TV UPDATE
It was announced on Monday that UCF’s previously scheduled game at ECU on Oct. 20 will be played at 7 p.m. and will air on ESPN2.
MEMPHIS GAME – NOTES TO KNOW
– The Knights are 5-0 and have won 18 straight games, which is the nation’s longest winning streak. Ohio State is second with 11 consecutive wins, while Alabama is third with eight straight victories.
– After leading the nation in scoring last season (48.2ppg), UCF is currently seventh in the nation in scoring offense (48.6ppg) and third in the nation in total offense (574.4ypg).
– The UCF defense has gotten it done through turnovers again in 2018. Last season, the Knights finished second in the nation with a +1.31 turnover margin and with 11 turnovers gained through four games this season, UCF currently ranks eighth in all of FBS with a margin of +1.40.
– The Black and Gold offense has been stellar on crucial third downs. UCF ranks second in the nation in third down conversion percentage through five games, having connected on 39-of-66 (59.1 percent).
– There are only five teams that rank in the Top 20 in the nation for scoring offense and scoring defense. Those two teams are UCF, Alabama, Clemson, Georgia and Appalachian State.
– The Knights moved up in both national polls again this week. Rising four spots, UCF now ranks ninth in the Amway Coaches Poll. The Knights climbed two spots in the AP Top 25 Poll to rank 12th.
– With five straight wins to start the 2018 season, it marks just the second time in the program’s FBS history that UCF has begun a season 5-0. The other time was last year’s undefeated national championship campaign.
– UCF leads the all-time series against Memphis, 11-1. The Knights hold a 5-1 advantage in games played in Memphis. Last season, UCF defeated Memphis twice, including the American Athletic Conference Championship Game.
CLICK HERE FOR FULL GAME NOTES – UCF VS MEMPHIS
CLIMBING IN THE POLLS
The Knights climbed to ninth in the nation in the Amway Coaches Poll this week and 10th in the AP Top 25 Poll. UCF is the highest ranked team in the state of Florida and the top team in the American Athletic Conference.
The American Athletic Conference named Titus Davis the league’s Defensive Player of the Week for the first time in his career on Monday. Davis had a career high three tackles-for-loss, a sack and a forced fumble in the win over SMU.
Adrian Killins Jr. was also named to the league’s Weekly Honor Roll on Monday. The junior rushed for a season high 113 yards and scored a touchdown in the victory over the Mustangs.
FROM THE PRESSER
At Monday’s weekly press conference UCF head coach Josh Heupel was asked about the importance of his team being ranked as high as ninth in the nation at this point in the season. Coach Heupel was more interested in taking care of business on the field.
“At the end of the day I do think that everything will take care of itself,” Heupel said. “You’ve got to go out and prove yourself every single week. There’s three unbeaten teams within this league and we’ve got both of them on our schedule. You better take it one week at a time.”
The Knights will also have to take care of business on the road for the first time in a while. But Heupel look forward to it.
“I think our kids will be excited about (playing on the road,” he said. “We like playing at home too. Don’t get me wrong, but I always liked it as a competitor. Being on the road, you’re going against the 11 guys on the field, but there’s an environment and a culture that you’re competing against too, and I think that brings the best out of you.”