Date: Saturday, Oct. 7
Time: 8 p.m.
Radio: FM 96.9/AM 740 The Game
Live Stats: http://gobearcats.com
ECU GAME UPDATE
UCF’s homecoming game against ECU on Oct. 14 will take place at 7 p.m. and will air on CBS Sports Network.
CINCINNATI GAME – NOTES TO KNOW
- The Knights have started 3-0 for the first time since the 2013 season. That year, UCF went 12-1 and won the Tostito’s Fiesta Bowl.
- They have also earned a spot in the Top 25 polls for the first time since 2013, being picked 25th in both the AP Poll and Coaches Poll.
- The Knights’ first three opponents this season – FIU, Maryland and Memphis – are an undefeated 9-0 in games not against UCF. They are 0-3 against the Knights.
- UCF sophomore running back and placekicker Matthew Wright earned American Athletic Conference Offensive and Special Teams Player of the Week honors after the victory over Memphis.
- Mike Hughes, who had an interception, two pass break-ups and eight tackles against the Tigers, was named to the Paul Hornung Award Honor Roll this week.
- The Knights are 1-1 all-time against Cincinnati.
- A win on Saturday would make UCF 4-0 for the first time since 1988, when the team played in NCAA Division II.
UCF head coach Scott Frost began his weekly press conference on Monday by explaining his team’s current mindset. The Knights are not worried about recent success.
“Absolutely not. We’re not going to talk about any of that stuff,” Frost said of being ranked in the Top 25. “In fact, I asked the players what their record was this morning and they knew the answer. It’s 0-0. I asked them where we were ranked and they said ‘we’re not.'”
In the mind of the Knights, they haven’t accomplished anything yet. A new, eight-game season starts this weekend at Cincinnati. There is no satisfaction in being 3-0.
“Satisfaction’s the wrong word,” Frost said. “I’m happy for the guys, but I’m never going to say we’re satisfied. Saying I’m satisfied is like patting myself on the back, and that’s exactly what I’m telling the team not to do. Winning is better than losing. We’ve won three. We’re going to keep going, and maybe we’ll have time to be satisfied at the end of the year.”
LISTEN TO FULL SOUND FROM FROST’S PRESSER
WATCH PRESS CONFERENCE RECAP
RISE AND CONQUER
The second season of UCF Football under head coach Scott Frost is now underway. Fans can explore all of the new ticket options at Spectrum Stadium by visiting WeRiseandConquer.com or calling (407) 823-1000.
GET THE APP
Never miss any UCF Knights news from your favorite team by downloading the free UCF Knights app right to your iOS or Android phone! The app provides personalized information for men’s and women’s teams, scores, schedules, loyalty programs and even breaking news.