UCF (21-10) will take on the Dolphins (24-8) for the first time since Nov. 25, 2014.
Tickets are on sale now and can be purchased by clicking here. General admission seating is $7 for adults and $ for youth (ages 2-17).
BACK-TO-BACK POSTSEASON APPEARANCES
For the first time in program history, the Knights earned back-to-back postseason bids. UCF, who recorded consecutive 20-win campaigns for the first time since 1983-85, made history last season after claiming its first postseason victory with a 73-53 win over Stetson in the first round of the WNIT.
The winner between UCF and Jacksonville will face the advancing team in the Alabama-Southern matchup. More information, including date, location and game time, will be determined following Wednesday’s contest.
- Zakiya Saunders has scored in double figures in 23 of her 26 appearances this season, and has eight games of 20 points or more. She leads the Knights at 15.5 points per game and ranks 20th nationally with 2.85 steals per game. The Augusta, Ga., native earned American Athletic Conference Second Team honors.
- Korneila Wright adds 10.9 points per game and joined the single season top 10 with 135 assists on the campaign. She is just behind Saunders with 72 steals on the season.
- Nyala Shuler has seven double-digit rebounding performances this season and leads the Knights on the glass with 7.1 boards per game. She joined the career top 10 with 607 rebounds and counting.
- Masseny Kaba leads UCF on the offensive glass, collecting 90 of her 196 rebounds on the offensive end. She is second on the team with an average of 6.3 boards per contest and earned All-Freshman Team honors in the league.
SCOUTING THE DOLPHINS
- Jacksonville enters postseason play with a 24-8 overall record. The Dolphins finished second in the ASun with a 12-2 record, and saw an eight-game win streak come to an end in the ASun Tournament Final.
- The Knights lead the all-time series, 12-6, and have won five straight against the Dolphins.
- Jasmyn Brown leads a trio of Jacksonville players averaging double figures with 13.3 points per game. She’s made a team-leading 62 three-pointers on the season.
- Kayla Gordon adds 12.2 points per game while collecting a team-high 9.7 rebounds per contest.
- In addition to her 11.1 points per contest, Brandi Buie leads Jacksonville with 2.9 assists per game and 1.6 steals per contest.