In the first season under head coach Johnny Dawkins, UCF won its final five games of the season – including a victory over no. 15 Cincinnati – to go from 15-10 to 20-10 heading into postseason play. A win over USF (8-18, 1-12) would keep the Knights on the right track heading down the final stretch.
The last time these two teams met, UCF came out on top 71-69 back on Jan. 20. That contest was the first for the Knights without Tacko Fall and the team also played without senior A.J. Davis. B.J. Taylor, however, was in his second game back from injury and led UCF with 25 points in the victory.
Taylor, and Davis, led the way again on Sunday, as UCF earned its first ever win on the road at Memphis. Taylor scored 22 points, while Davis had 20 on 9-of-10 shooting and grabbed nine rebounds in the 68-64 win at FedEx Forum.
UCF aims to win back-to-back with a victory over the Bulls that would mark the sixth straight for the Knights in the series between the two teams. USF hasn’t defeated UCF since 2015.
Date: Wednesday, Feb. 14
Time: 6 p.m. ET
Radio: 96.9 FM/740 AM The Game
Live Stats: http://ucfknights.co/MBBLiveStats1718
NOTES TO KNOW
- USF leads the all-time series 22-14.
- The Bulls also lead the Knights 8-7 in games played in Orlando.
- UCF has won its last five games against USF and seven of nine since both teams joined the American Athletic Conference.
- B.J. Taylor leads the Knights with 14.0 points per game and has scored 20 or more points three times since returning from injury.
- A.J. Davis is third in the league with 8.0 rebounds per game.
- UCF is third in the nation, holding opponents to 61.4 points per game, and ranks fifth with a 38.7 defensive field goal percentage.
Tickets for the 2017-18 campaign are on sale now. Fans looking to purchase tickets can call (407) 823-1000 or visit UCFKnights.com to secure them today. For men’s basketball tickets CLICK HERE.
GET THE APP
Never miss any UCF Knights news from your favorite team by downloading the free UCF Knights app right to your iOS or Android phone! The app provides personalized information for men’s and women’s teams, scores, schedules, loyalty programs and even breaking news.