UCF (7-5) returns to CFE Arena after a taking three-game coast-to-coast road trip before Christmas. The Knights topped Boston and handed UC Davis its first loss of the season before coming up short in an overtime contest at Pacific.
- A trio of Knights average double figures, led by Zakiya Saunders at 14.9 points per game. Aliyah Gregory is second with 13.7 points per contest.
- Korneila Wright poured in a career-best 22 points at Pacific, bumping her average up to 11.1 points per game. She leads the team with 52 assists and 31 steals through the first 12 games.
- Following a career-best 14-rebound outing at UC Davis, Nyala Shuler pushed her team-leading rebounds per game up to 7.5. She has a team-leading 39 offensive rebounds this season.
- After holding just two opponents under 56 points in the first eight games, the UCF defense has stepped up. The Knights held Georgia Southern, Boston and UC Davis under the mark.
- The Knights have held their opponents to single digits in 12 quarters this season.
- UCF limited Boston to a season-low two points in the second quarter.
- The Knights held UC Davis, who entered the game with an average of 79.8 PPG, to just 55 points to earn the victory.
SCOUTING THE WILDCATS
- Davidson enters the contest with a 5-7 overall record.
- The squads will meet for the second all-time meeting. UCF won last year’s contest in Davidson, 57-38.
- Justine Lyon leads Davidson with 16.5 points per game and has a team-leading 23 steals.
- Mackenzie Latt averages 13.6 points per contest and leads the Wildcats with 8.2 rebounds per game.
- Katie Turner has dished out a team-high 39 assists through 12 games.
UCF opens American Athletic Conference action on Saturday, hosting Temple at 2 p.m. The Knights will host their league opener in CFE Arena for the third straight season.
The UCF women’s basketball team is set for its second season under head coach Katie Abrahamson-Henderson. Season tickets are on sale now for $40. Click here or call (407) 823-1000 for ticket information.