Doors will open at 4:30 p.m. Tickets are available for purchase by clicking here.
ALL ABOUT ALIYAH
- Senior Aliyah Gregory stepped up her game last season, leading the team with 16.6 points per contest.
- The Tampa native became the first Knight to earn First Team All-Conference honors in the American Athletic Conference.
- Gregory again earned recognition from the league coaches in the fall, as she was named to The American Preseason All-Conference First Team in October.
- She reached double figures in 26 of her 31 contests last season, including eight 20-point outings.
TURNING IT AROUND
- In her first year at the helm, head coach Katie Abrahamson-Henderson led UCF to one of its best seasons in the Division I era.
- With a 21-12 overall record last season, the Knights won 14 more contests than the 2015-16 campaign.
- UCF tied the second-best turnaround nationally in women’s basketball. Rider saw a 15-game improvement; New Hampshire also saw a 14-game swing.
- The Knights were one of two teams to reach 20 wins after posting single-digit victories last year. Rider went 24-9 after an 8-22 2016-17 campaign.
- With the men’s team posting a 24-12 overall record, UCF turned in the best combined turnaround in Division I basketball. The Knights were one of 26 schools with both programs posting 20-win seasons.
SCOUTING THE BEARS
- Mercer posted a 25-7 mark in 2016-17, setting a program record for the most wins in a season in the NCAA Division I era.
- The Bears were the preseason favorites in the Southern Conference poll after claiming back-to-back regular season titles.
- Two-time defending SoCon Player of the Year Kahlia Lawrence returns after leading Mercer with 18.0 points per game last season.
- The Bears return their top five scorers, and best leading rebounders for the 2017-18 campaign.
The UCF women’s basketball team is set for its second season under head coach Katie Abrahamson-Henderson. Season tickets are on sale now for $40. Click here or call (407) 823-1000 for ticket information.