The Knights (9-3) and the Mustangs (10-3) are set to tip-off at 9 p.m. ET/8 p.m. CT on ESPN2 from Moody Coliseum.
UCF’s five-game win streak is currently the longest in The American and includes a victory at then No. 24 Alabama, the Knights’ first true road win over a ranked opponent in program history. Since then, they have defeated Southern, Southeastern Louisiana, Stetson and South Carolina State.
SMU, meanwhile, has won its last three games after losing at TCU in early December. The Mustangs defeated New Orleans, Boise State and Cal Poly to close out non-conference play. SMU has won its last 31 games at Moody Coliseum.
The Knights will look to earn their first win over SMU since joining The American. The Mustangs have won the last seven meetings between the two teams, including a victory in the league semifinals last season.
Date: Wednesday, Dec. 27
Time: 9 p.m. ET/8 p.m. CT
Radio: 96.9 FM/740 AM The Game
Live Stats: http://smumustangs.com
NOTES TO KNOW
- SMU holds a 10-6 advantage in the all-time series.
- UCF’s current five-game win streak is its longest of the season and currently the longest in The American.
- Last season’s longest win streak was six games from the home win over Tulsa (Feb. 14) to the conference tournament win over Memphis (Mar. 10).
- UCF is 2-0 this season in true road games.
- A.J. Davis leads The American with 9.4 rebounds per game.
- Tacko Fall leads the nation with a .781 field goal percentage.
- Terrell Allen is sixth in the league with 1.6 steals per game.