Prior to the game, a Play4Kay silent auction will be held in the upper lobby. Fans can bid on a pair of Kay Yow backpacks and two Kay Yow basketballs.
The first 250 students will also receive a free “I am Just a Kid from UCF” t-shirt.
UCF (16-7, 8-2) welcomes top-ranked UConn (22-0, 10-0) for the second meeting between the squads this season. The Huskies collected an 80-44 victory in Storrs on Jan. 9.
- A trio of Knights average double figures, led by Zakiya Saunders with 14.4 points per game. The Augusta, Ga., native has turned in three 20-point performances over her last three games.
- Aliyah Gregory averages 10.7 points per contest and Korneila Wright averages 10.1 points per game.
- Saunders and Wright lead UCF in assists, averaging 4.1 per game each. The duo are also the top two in steals, with Saunders swiping 2.7 per game and Wright with 2.5 per contest.
- With five double-digit rebound games this season, Nyala Shuler leads the team with an average of 7.4. Shuler has 64 offensive rebounds, while Masseny Kaba leads the team with 69 offensive boards.
AROUND THE AMERICAN
- The Knights are currently tied with No. 23 USF for second in the league standings with an 8-2 record.
- UCF’s victory over Memphis gave the Knights their second-most victories in The American. The Black and Gold have now collected at least one win against 10 of their 11 league opponents
- In conference games, the Knights are second in the league in scoring defense (50.0) and field goal percentage defense (.353), and are third in steals (10.6) and scoring margin (5.9).
- Zakiya Saunders has the third-best three-point field goal percentage (.440) and is tied for second with 2.9 steals per game. Korneila Wright ranks fourth in steals (2.5) and fifth in assists (4.1)
SCOUTING THE HUSKIES
- No. 1 UConn enters the contest with a 22-0 overall record, and a 10-0 mark in The American.
- The Huskies lead the all-time series 7-0, with all seven meetings taking place as members of the American Athletic Conference.
- Six Huskies average double figures, led by Katie Lou Samuelson’s 17.2 points per game.
- A trio of UConn players lead the rebounding effort, as Napheesa Collier, Azura Stevens and Gabby Williams each average 7.8 boards per contest.
- Collier and Stevens have 45 and 42 blocks, respectively. Williams leads the Huskies with 109 assists and 56 steals.
UCF heads to Philadelphia to face Temple on Saturday. The teams will tip off at 2 p.m. in McGonigle Hall.
The UCF women’s basketball team is set for its second season under head coach Katie Abrahamson-Henderson. Season tickets are on sale now for $40. Click here or call (407) 823-1000 for ticket information.