Date: Saturday, Nov. 11
Radio: FM 96.9/AM 740 The Game
Live Stats: http://ucfknights.co/FBLiveStats17
Following Saturday’s win at SMU, Adrian Killins Jr. was named to the league’s Weekly Honor Roll for his 145-yard, two-touchdown against the Mustangs.
TEMPLE GAME – TIME UPDATE
UCF’s game Temple, scheduled for Nov. 18 will be played at noon in Philadelphia.
UCONN GAME – NOTES TO KNOW
- The Knights are 8-0 for the first time in school history and hold an eight-game winning streak for the first time since winning nine in a row during the historic 2013 season.
- UCF climbed in the polls again this week, currently ranked 12th in the Coaches Poll and 14th in the Associated Press Poll. 12th is the highest in-season ranking ever for the Knights.
- The Knights lead the nation in scoring offense, recording 48.5 points per game.
- Having scored 30 or more points in each of their first eight games of the season, the Knights own the longest current streak of games with 30+ points at eight games.
- The all-time series between UCF and UConn is tied at 2-2 with the Knights winning 24-16 last season.
Although his team won 31-24 at SMU and put up over 600 yards of offense, head coach Scott Frost wasn’t completely satisfied with the offensive performance in the win when he spoke at his weekly press conference Monday.
“Overall we performed well on offense Saturday,” he said. “We just didn’t finish a couple drives we should have. You’re supposed to have more points than we had if you have 600 plus yards of offense, so we’re going to go to work to make sure we finish drives this week.”
Frost then looked ahead at what’s next. With UConn coming to Orlando on Saturday he spoke on what he sees out of the Huskies.
“I see a team that’s improving,” he said. “From the beginning of the year to where they are now, they’ve made huge improvements. In this conference you have to be at your best to beat everybody, and if you’re not, anybody in this league can get you.”
LISTEN TO FULL SOUND FROM FROST’S PRESSER
WATCH PRESS CONFERENCE RECAP
RISE AND CONQUER
The second season of UCF Football under head coach Scott Frost is now underway. Fans can explore all of the new ticket options at Spectrum Stadium by visiting WeRiseandConquer.com or calling (407) 823-1000.
GET THE APP
Never miss any UCF Knights news from your favorite team by downloading the free UCF Knights app right to your iOS or Android phone! The app provides personalized information for men’s and women’s teams, scores, schedules, loyalty programs and even breaking news.