Date: Saturday, Oct. 21
Time: 3:30 p.m.
TV: CBS Sports Network
Radio: FM 96.9/AM 740 The Game
Live Stats: http://www.navysports.com/
AUSTIN PEAY GAME UPDATE
UCF’s game on Oct. 28 against Austin Peay will air on ESPN3 and the ESPN app. Kickoff is scheduled for 5 p.m. at Spectrum Stadium.
NAVY GAME – NOTES TO KNOW
- The Knights matched a program best 5-0 start from the 1988 season. A win on Saturday would be the best start to a season in program history.
- The Knights’ offense has been on fire in 2017, leading the nation in scoring offense with 50.6 points per game. UCF also has the top points per game differential in the nation, defeating teams by an average of 33.8 points.
- Quarterback McKenzie Milton earned American Athletic Conference Offensive Player of the Week honors with a 21-of-27, 324-yard performance with three touchdowns, two passing.
- Junior Mike Hughes took a punt 66-yards back to the house to receive AAC Special Teams Player of the Week recognition.
- There are currently four teams in the entire nation who rank in the Top 15 in both scoring offense and scoring defense — UCF, Alabama, Ohio State and Notre Dame. 8 The Knights are No. 1 in scoring offense and No. 15 in scoring defense.
- Saturday will be the first meeting between UCF and Navy. The Knights have never faced a service academy.
- UCF is currently No. 4 in the nation in turnover margin at +1.6 per game. The Knights recorded four turnovers vs. FIU, added a pair of interceptions at Maryland, tallied five takeaways vs. Memphis last week, added an interception at Cincinnati and a Pick Six vs. ECU.
UCF head coach Scott Froswt opened his weekly press conference on Monday by talking about facing the Naval Academy for the first time.
“It’s their homecoming and their place,” he said. “I’m excited to see it. I have a lot of respect for what the Naval Academy is, what they stand for and how their kids play. The beat people because they play harder and they’re smarter than them. I want our guys to play harder and be smarter. That’s a challenge that we’ll have to prepare for this week.”
Frost and the Knights will have to prepare for the Midshipmen’s triple-option attack, led by quarterback Zach Abey.
“It’s a skill that comes for repetition of reads, running with the ball, pitching it at the last second and the timing of it,” he said. “It’s different that what most people ask their quarterback to do. You have to have tough kid that’s smart under center, and they have that. Looking at his statistics, you can tell he’s the one that makes it go.
“Navy is really well coached. They know what they’re doing. If they find a hole in your defense, they’re going to exploit it.”
LISTEN TO THE FULL SCOTT FROST PRESS CONFERENCE
RISE AND CONQUER
The second season of UCF Football under head coach Scott Frost is now underway. Fans can explore all of the new ticket options at Spectrum Stadium by visiting WeRiseandConquer.com or calling (407) 823-1000.
GET THE APP
Never miss any UCF Knights news from your favorite team by downloading the free UCF Knights app right to your iOS or Android phone! The app provides personalized information for men’s and women’s teams, scores, schedules, loyalty programs and even breaking news.