The Huskies (8-7, 1-2) have struggled through a tough non-conference schedule, falling at the hands of Michigan State, Arizona, Arkansas and Auburn. And after losing its first two games in The American to Wichita State and Tulsa, UConn finally bounced back with a win over ECU last week.
Preseason First Team All-Conference guard Jalen Adams leads the way once again, currently scoring a league-best 18.9 points per game and dishing out 4.1 assists per contest, the fourth most in The American.
The Huskies have won the last seven matchups in the series between the two teams, including a season sweep last year. Trailing 10-1 in the all-time series, UCF’s lone victory was a 68-63 triumph over then defending champion and #4 ranked UConn in the Battle 4 Atlantis back in 2011.
On Wednesday, the Knights look for win number two against the Huskies, and win number four in American Athletic Conference play.
Date: Wednesday, Jan. 10
Time: 7 p.m.
TV: CBS Sports Network
Radio: 96.9 FM/740 AM The Game
Live Stats: http://uconnhuskies.com
NOTES TO KNOW
- UConn holds a 10-1 advantage in the all-time series, winning each of the seven times the two teams have played as members of the American Athletic Conference.
- The Knights’ only win over the Huskies was in 2011 at the Battle 4 Atlantis.
- UCF has never won at UConn.
- UCF has won eight of its last nine games and three in a row in league play.
- A.J. Davis leads The American with 8.8 rebounds per game.
- Tacko Fall leads the nation with a .772 field goal percentage and leads the league with 2.0 blocked shots per game.
- Terrell Allen is sixth in the league with 1.6 steals per game and 3.9 assists per game.
- UCF is third in the nation, holding opponents to 58.9 points per game.
- Ceasar DeJesus has won the last two American Athletic Conference Rookie of the Week honors, scoring in double figures each of the last three games.
Season tickets for the 2017-18 campaign are on sale now. Fans looking to purchase tickets can call (407) 823-1000 or visit UCFKnights.com to secure them today. For men’s basketball tickets CLICK HERE.