ORLANDO (UCFKnights.com) – It’s Homecoming Week at UCF, but before the football team hosts Navy, the Knights men’s basketball team gets their 2018-19 season underway, hosting Rider Tuesday at 6:30 p.m. on ESPN3.
Date: Tuesday, Nov. 6
Time: 6:30 p.m. ET
Radio: 96.9 FM/740 AM The Game
Live Stats: http://statb.us/b/232083
For the first time in program history, UCF was picked by its league’s coaches to win the conference, earning six of the 12 first place votes in the American Athletic Conference’s Preseason Coaches Poll. The Knights are also receiving votes in both the USA Today Preseason Coaches Poll and the AP Top 25 Preseason Poll for the first time ever.
UCF returns The American Preseason Player of the Year B.J. Taylor and Preseason All-Conference honoree Tacko Fall, in addition to a majority of last year’s squad. The Knights hit the court for the first time last week, defeating Flagler in an exhibition, 86-69.
Tuesday the test will get tougher, as 2017-18 MAAC Regular Season Champion Rider comes to Orlando for the regular season opener. The Broncs went 22-10 last season, played in the National Invitation Tournament and brings all of their starters back.
The Knights and the Broncs have faced off one time before. UCF defeated Rider by a score of 73-66 in Orlando back in 1986. More than 30 years later, Tuesday night’s game will look a bit different.
With Homecoming in full swing and concerts scheduled throughout the week at CFE Arena, the main concert stage will remain in place for Tuesday night’s game. There will be more lights, more smoke, more fun for fans in attendance.
Fans, and especially students, are encouraged to arrive early, as there will be limited seating in the lower bowl due to the setup.
NOTES TO KNOW
• UCF is coming off of 43 wins in its first two seasons under head coach Johnny Dawkins, the most victories in consecutive seasons since winning back-to-back ASUN Championships in 2004 and 2005.
• The Knights defense has been dominant the last two seasons, holding opponents to a nation’s worst 38.10 percent from the floor during 2016-17 and 2017-18 combined.
• B.J. Taylor has led the Knights in scoring in each of his three seasons on the court and was the third fastest UCF player to 1,000 points, achieving the feat late last year.
• Tacko Fall was named to the Kareem Abdul-Jabbar Award Watch List for the nation’s best center.
CLICK HERE FOR COMPLETE GAME NOTES – UCF VS. RIDER
PROMOTIONS TO KNOW
– Unique pre-game introduction with staging, lights and smoke
– Student seating will be in Sections 102-103 and 202-203
– Students are encouraged to Wear Black to every game
– Arrive Early!
TICKETS FOR 2018-19
Fans excited for the upcoming 2018-19 UCF men’s basketball season can purchase tickets today by calling (407) 823-1000 or online here: https://ucfknights.co/mbb1819tix.