Date: Saturday, Nov. 4
Time: 7:15 p.m.
Radio: FM 96.9/AM 740 The Game
Live Stats: http://smumustangs.com
Following Saturday’s win against Austin Peay, Mike Hughes was named the American Athletic Conference Special Teams Players of the Week and McKenzie Milton was named to the league’s Weekly Honor Roll.
Additionally, Milton was named a semifinalist for the Maxwell Award, which is given yearly to the best player in collegiate football. He is one of just 18 players across the nation to be named a semifinalist.
UCONN GAME – TIME UPDATE
UCF’s game vs. UConn, scheduled for Nov. 11 will be played at noon at Spectrum Stadium.
SMU GAME – NOTES TO KNOW
- The Knights are 7-0 for the first time in school history and hold a seven-game winning streak for the first time since winning nine in a row during the historic 2013 season.
- UCF climbed in the polls again this week, currently ranked 14th in the Coaches Poll and 15th in the Associated Press Poll. 14th is the highest in-season ranking ever for the Knights.
- The Knights lead the nation in scoring offense, recording 51.0 points per game.
- UCF is one of just five teams in all of FBS that are still undefeated. Of those five teams, the Knights are the only ones who have won each game by double figures.
- Having scored 30 or more points in each of their first seven games of the season, the Knights own the longest current streak of games with 30+ points at seven games.
With another opponent ahead of them, the Knights came in on Monday ready to get back in practice mode. UCF head coach Scott Frost opened up his weekly press conference by remarking on the morning’s practice.
“Monday practice was wonderful,” he said. “The guys showed up ready to go to work. It’s great when you can learn some lessons that you need to learn in a win, rather than making mistakes and it cost you a game.”
Frost then looked ahead at what’s on the horizon, with a pivotal conference matchup at SMU coming on Saturday.
“We understand the challenge of this game,” he said. “We’re going to play a good team on the road, with a very sound and aggressive defense, and an offense that can score a lot of point with some very good players. The guys know what we have in front of us.”
LISTEN TO FULL SOUND FROM FROST’S PRESSER
WATCH PRESS CONFERENCE RECAP
RISE AND CONQUER
The second season of UCF Football under head coach Scott Frost is now underway. Fans can explore all of the new ticket options at Spectrum Stadium by visiting WeRiseandConquer.com or calling (407) 823-1000.
GET THE APP
Never miss any UCF Knights news from your favorite team by downloading the free UCF Knights app right to your iOS or Android phone! The app provides personalized information for men’s and women’s teams, scores, schedules, loyalty programs and even breaking news.